Tuesday, September 22, 2009

It's Finished!!!!


I love that in-between state of knitting projects... the rush of finishing a piece, and contemplating the next one. Drooling over fibers and possibilities at the local yarn shop, writing patterns in my head, dreaming over complex cables and Fair Isle...but repetition is a killer . That said, this particular scarf was a joy to make. The bamboo and silk combination is light and soft, and the color never got old no matter how long I looked at it :) I chose a moss stitch (a.k.a seed stitch) for an earthy, organic look. It makes an excellent contrast to the elegant and subtle sheen of the yarn. Currently available in the Etsy shop

And on to the next project! Found a luscious hand-spun Romney that's begging to be used.

4 comments:

Kristin Dombrowski said...

What a beautiful color. It looks so soft and comfy! Congrats on completing the project!
Blessings,
Kristin

Lodestone and Ladys Mantle said...

Thank you Kristen!

Magaly Guerrero said...

It is sooo beautiful and I really love the color. I love that shade of green. I am so jealous--I'm not very crafty when it comes to that sort of thing. I can't wait to be pregnant and learning how to make things for my babes. You know what, I have no idea where that 'pregnant' comment came from. Hm... I think I'm late too OhMyGods!

Lodestone and Ladys Mantle said...

lol, congratulations may be in order, Magaly :D Knitting is a good meditation, very soothing. It's not terribly difficult either, after you get past the beginner's hump.

And thank you for the compliment *blush* I fell in love with that shade of green and had to be dragged out of the yarn store, kicking and screaming, haha!