Saturday, March 28, 2009

Whistling In the Dark

I got to Earth Hour a few minutes late, running on Pagan Standard Time, lol. Three candles burning beside me, and a heart full of words...
I can't say that I am especially hopeful for the future, assured that the government has our best interests in mind, or that my hour of darkness will do anything other than make me slightly more nearsighted.
But the moment I turned off the lights and stepped outside, I could feel a collective heart pleading, hoping, waiting for others to follow suit. It feels like drumming from a far away place, ringing through the bones in my feet. I mourn for what has passed and fight my way to a future. Any future.

May this Earth hour find you among the light of friends :)

-Carmin

2 comments:

Carolina Dean said...

Better late than pregnant....


dean

Lily Wyte said...

I try to make every day Earth hour. It saves money, and spares my conscience.